Tuesday, December 11, 2012

No pains, no complaints, no gripes

Odie, Odifferus, O-snifferus, or just OD for short, this Australian Kelpie is a man's best friend. Whether playing with his stuffed duck, nipping at strangers, or hanging with the humans how can one not love this face? He has this natural smile and gets ALL the ladies. So obedient that he will walk outside without a leash and always come when he is called, one can not find a better best friend.

So what is my gripe you ask? 

Well, let me explain. Unfortunately I am not the only one in my house who feels this way about the furry creature. And the evenings in Providence are CHILLY. This little pooch makes the foot of my bed so warm and cozy, how does one decide who gets the dog?

Is it survival of the fittest? Do I buy toys and bedding to intrigue him to stay in my bed? How about I help him record his first electronic/hiphop/howl album Ruff Style, ODIE: The Dog

 Ruff Style Album Cover 
My contemplation leads me to think more about the unconventional love that dogs have for humans. So much different than what humans expect from their mates. Take him for a walk, give him some food/water and he will lay with you all night long.

No pains, no complaints, no gripes. 


This little guy was adopted by the Knapp family 4-5 years ago, and I couldn't be happier for the compassion their family shows with animals, even their other little dog, Lucky, who pees on our rugs.


1 comment:

  1. He is seriously the best little guy! So sweet and adorable. He is the Ron Swanson of dogs :)

    ReplyDelete