Friday, December 21, 2012

A Contractual Christmas

Well, next week starts the last week of my contract work for the "initial company." It has been ...interesting. This is not my first time doing contractual work, but this IS the first company where I feel as though they truly appreciate my time and effort.

It will be bittersweet. Although I love the people here and the work that we are doing is interesting...there just wasn't much actual work for me to do. Currently, I'm the only person in the office today and I have brought a book with me as well as a PDF of my resume because IT IS TIME TO JOB HUNT...again.

I have my fingers in a few pots but it's the never-ending process of continually attempting to find full-time work on a salaried basis and not a full-time contractual basis. Life is hard.

Also, I was not a very good little girl and was a bit frivolous with my money. Let's just say my family is getting a VERY good Christmas from me this year. Don't get me wrong, I have saved money up over the past few months for rent and groceries to last me a while, but I will be having NO fun until I find a new job (except for my trip to Iceland...my reward for absolutely nothing).

But I am going to stop myself there. It's Christmas (or "The Holidays") and I'm going to try and be positive for a spell. I will have some time to rest up, I will be able to fully enjoy Iceland, and I will be able to have all those doctors appointments that I have put off for lack of time (or desire). So...YAY, positivity.

I will end this with my Friday Before Christmas Playlist, that contains NO Christmas songs whatsoever:

  1. Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
  2. Howlin' For You - The Black Keys
  3. Ceremony - New Order
  4. Lovestoned/I Think That She Knows - Justin Timberlake
  5. Closer - Kings of Leon
  6. I'm Going Down - Mary J. Blige
  7. Jane Fonda - Mickey Avalon (video NSFW)
  8. Here Comes Your Man - Pixies
  9. Glycerine - Bush
  10. How I Roll - Charlie Mars
  11. Everlong - Foo Fighters (I have always loved this video)
  12. Without You- Harry Nilsson
  13. The Truth - Precious Bryant
  14. When You Were Mine- Prince (the only version I could find that was actually Prince was on MySpace!)
  15. None of Your Business - Salt n' Pepa
  16. Eyes on Fire (Zeds Dead Remix) - Blue Foundation (Zeds Dead)
  17. Life's a Gas - T-Rex
  18. I was a Lover - TV On the Radio
  19. Kiss Off - Violent Femmes
  20. Death - White Lies (Crystal Castles remix is pretty good too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCnF6T59jm4)



No comments:

Post a Comment