Friday, December 7, 2012

My Wonderfully Constructed 1st World Life

This morning my client called and left me a message; he asked if I wanted to go to Nairobi, Kenya with him in July to work with students who are blind in science classes. We would be demonstrating the Talking LabQuest and basic science principles to underprivileged students.

As I debate whether this is a safe and worthy experience, I think to myself that July is still a long time away. But in the grand scheme of things, it is only next summer and truly not that far off. While enjoying my 20's I can't help but think that life is only going to speed up from here as I begin to road-map out my future. Not that I haven't already tried to plan it all out, but many elements have come into play that shake up the whole structure of this wonderfully constructed "1st world" life.

Kenya would be the 20th country I have visited, and a great opportunity to see how another part of the world lives. Did I mention, I'll be exploring it with a man who is blind? To me, every opportunity can be a positive one, and there are many reasons to go on this voyage. However, diseases, violence, and death do frighten my wonderfully constructed 1st world life... Is it all worth jeopardizing to see another continent and experience the hardships faced in Africa?

As I begin to see my life speed up, is it because I am growing up, or because I am having more fun? Some may consider 24 to still be young, but as I look around, I only have a few more years to pull it all together and then i'm past my prime. So I will continue to reflect on what life has been, and what it could be.

This is my latest 20-something gripe, off to my next client meeting. Good day.

3 comments:

  1. I say GOOD DAY!...but seriously...don't die, but you should probably go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should call your segments Deep Thoughts With RTPOWERHOUR.

    Seriously though, GO TO KENYA. I am supremely jealous that not only do you get to see somewhere totally different than any place you've ever been, but that you're going to be helping the less fortunate at the same time! Good for the SOUL, man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Ashley... Your posts are all contemplative and mine are stream of silliness

    ReplyDelete