Friday, December 7, 2012

It's been a rough week...

It's been a rough week, like just about every other week of my life lately. But this one was particularly difficult, for NO particular reason. Let's just say sleepy head-bobbing is not a good thing to do in a meeting with the executives in England, anyways to cheer me up I came up with a whole list of minor annoyances that I blow way out of proportion, just so that I can put a little perspective into my life and realize how first world it is. Yay Fridays!!!

My list of minor annoyances that I blow way out of proportions (thus far):
  1. When trying to type "about it" and it comes out "abou tit" but I am typing too fast and press send before I notice...
  2. When you are in your mid-twenties and still have to find a way to cover up hickeys (these should stop at college)
  3. When the shower curtain is not in the tub properly so when you get out of the shower you notice that the whole bathroom floor looks like a great lake and your bathroom rug feels like peat moss.
  4. When I show up to work in business clothes and it ends up being casual Friday
  5. When an associate uses more than one acronym in a single sentence: "We will be needing those new BU NATAM pages for the ITTrans page on the EMC O.N.E site."
  6. When people still insist that men and women cannot be friends without sex being involved.
  7. When I comment on something on FB and it ends up being a really popular post so then I get a million notifications letting me know that other people have shared their opinions...that I don't care about...but I read them anyways and then get annoyed that I spent my time reading them.
  8. When my grown up logic interfers with my immature logic and I end up having a circular argument with myself.
  9. When two people decide to be honest with each other and then I am the only one that actually follows through with the promise.
  10. When I have to make things an even number to feel okay (hence this useless number ten annoyance).
Ahhhh, I feel better. You will too if you add to my list! Our generation is full of people who are annoyed 99.5% of the time. Please share, I would like to be annoyed at what annoys you and then judge you for it...jk....but not really.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah I feel ya, my bosses sat me down for a meeting that started out with "So... some department heads are saying you're looking rather sleepy and possibly bored lately..." They were nice about it though, and told me I can come in later if I need to in order to catch up on sleep, since they know I do a lot of theater and such.

    Also I'm wondering if those comments came from the coworkers who jokingly ask me "So, party hard last night?" or the blunt "So, hungover today?" because of course I'm 20-Something and when I look ill I MUST be hungover and it has nothing to do with the fact I've been SICK FOR TWO WEEKS... right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously Ashley...They don't even ask me at work, I think they are scared of the answer. Clearly, they are assuming it is "I was out drinking until really late last night" and not "I got caught up in watching "Bob's Burgers" on Netflix last night".

    ReplyDelete