Friday, January 18, 2013

What am I even paying you for?

Hungover.
Stumble to the local Starbucks.
Order coffee.
Order bagel.
Can you please toast it?
You don't have a toaster oven?
Can you spread on the cream cheese?
No?
Well damn, what am I even paying you for?

If you don't know what I am referring to, than you are lucky. I know this sounds like a first world problem, but how difficult is it for a Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks employee to spread the cream cheese on my bagel. I'm not spoiled, just disappointed that in many locations you are given a cold bagel with a small package of cream cheese. If I wanted to spread it on myself than I would have just made it at home. This is a pet peeve and I must not be the only one who wants a little extra service when it comes to my breakfast.

What really sparked this post was my experience at a local starbucks by San Diego State University (SDSU). When asked if they would toast the bagel they promptly responded that they don't have a toaster and we can blame the university. My colleague suggests they have heard this request for months with no regard to what the customers actually want. Some middle manager is dropping the ball and not reporting customer needs properly. This example shows the poor management structure associated with SDSU Dining Services and the employees unhappy feelings towards their place of work.

This is my gripe, and i'm sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment