Tuesday, January 8, 2013

LIKE A FRIGGIN ADULT!

Guys. Not only did I find a whole chicken for $3.77, I ROASTED THAT MO'FO LIKE A CHAMP. First time ever roasting a chicken, and I didn't entirely mess it up!



Please pay no attention to the black sludge on the bottom. Those were just there for the aromatics  Right. But the crispy skin is perfecto.

Now I have chicken all week. You're jealous.

If you find an insane deal on a whole chicken like I did, here is what you do (more in-depth recipe on my other blog to come): layer the bottom of your roasting pan with onions, carrots, celery, and if you're feeling really ambitious, potatoes. I was more into the flavor these things would give off, so it's okay that my onions and carrots turned to sludge. Really.

Rinse your chicken well, inside and out. Then, stuff the open cavity of your chicken with as many lemon halves as you can, and any herbs you have lying around the house. I did thyme. Also, slice a head of garlic in half and put that in there too. You can NEVER have enough garlic! Truss the bird, if you're able (position wings under bird, tie legs back) but I just kind of cooked it in the twine it came in and it was all good.

Place the chicken over the veggies, sprinkle GENEROUSLY with salt and pepper, and drizzle butter over the bird. Bake at 450 degrees for an hour to an hour and a half, until juices run clear when you pierce with a fork and when, you know, it's not RAW inside when you cut it.

Ta-daaa! Chicken sandwiches for ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment